Crockpot Pumpkin Butter Recipe – Slather this creamy, luscious butter on toast or muffins! It’s so delicious and filled with yummy fall spices. It’s easy to make in the slow cooker and
Welcome to another fabulous edition of Freaky Friday Recipes! That’s when a number of us bloggers get together and switch blogs to share for the day!
It’s my favorite
I decided since this our fall edition I definitely wanted to make something with apples or pumpkin and began pursuing her blog. I ended up on the slow cooker tab and quickly went down the rabbit hole!
Freaky Friday Blog Hop 2019
Guys, there are a TON of recipes there so be sure to stop by and visit Lori’s blog and check out her little slice of the internet. In addition to having an abundance of terrific recipes, she also shares DIY tips, family and travel.
When you check out her recipe for Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal, you’ll know why it was so hard for me to choose! Then there is Pumpkin Bread, which is absolutely delicious with the streusel topping, yum!! Or No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls!
So hard to choose!
So after long deliberation, the recipe I decided upon….. drumroll please…. is a Crockpot Pumpkin Butter Recipe! And you will love it!
It’s rich and luscious filled with fall spices and flavors!
Amish Pumpkin Butter Recipe
If you’re looking to cozy up to the fireplace and enjoy a great book with a delicious snack, you should definitely start here!
What is pumpkin butter made of?
Pumpkin butter is made of sugar and spice and pureed pumpkin.
Pumpkin Butter Ingredients
- pumpkin puree
- white and brown sugar
Can Pumpkin Butter be canned?
Home canning is not recommended for pumpkin butter because of the low acidity, even if you use a water bath.
However it can be easily preserved by freezing!
How to make Pumpkin Butter
The prep takes maybe 10 minutes (and that includes pulling out and dusting off the crockpot) and 3 to 3 1/2 hours cooking time. All you need to do is stir it once an hour to avoid scorching!
- Combine the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3 – 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place in a container and refrigerate or freeze.
How long does Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe last?
When it’s cooled, ladle the butter into small jars and refrigerate. It will last two weeks in the fridge.
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
If you enjoy this recipe, here are more great pumpkin recipe from the blog!
Freaky Friday Blog Hop is hands down my favorite event. My buddy Michaela from An Affair from the Heart hosts this quarterly event.
It takes a ton of coordination, I always think it’s like herding cats? 🤣 But somehow she makes it happen ever time!
This time we have 16 bloggers participating. I hope you check out these blogs and find some new favorites!
Take a look at all of our Fall 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- A Grande Life – Easy Beer Cheddar Dip
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Three Cheese Roast Beef Sliders
- Bowl Me Over – Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Healing Tomato – Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Hostess at Heart – Caramel Apple Pie Snack Mix
- House of Nash Eats – Slow Cooker Applesauce Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – White Cheddar Broccoli Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Lemon Blossoms – Maple Oven Roasted Carrots
- Life, Love & Good Food – Pasta Fagioli Soup Recipe
- Mildly Meandering – Saffron Rice
- Soulfully Made – Salted Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Margarita Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- The Speckled Palate – Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- West Via Midwest – Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Who Needs a Cape? – Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Measuring Spoons – I love the shape of these because they fit into spice jars
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Pumpkin Butter Recipe
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- 15-16 oz. pumpkin puree Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. all spice
- Add all of the ingredients to the crockpot, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-3.5 hours. Stir once an hour to prevent scorching.
- Allow to cool. The butter will thicken as it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze to preserve.