Cheesy Vegetable Soup
Earthy aromas, sautéed vegetables with rich cheesy sumptuousness is the best way to describe Cheesy Vegetable Soup! This vegetarian soup (stew?) is just as hearty and filling as your favorite beef stew and so delicious!
If you're like me and can't get enough great comforting meal, be sure and try this Alphabet Soup Recipe.
You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this soup! But just because it's meatless, don't think it doesn't bring the flavor. This soup is mighty tasty AND it's done in just 30 minutes!
Hearty and filling this is a delicious soup and an easy 30 minute meal.Chopped veggies, cream sherry, vegetable stock and a couple of cheeses - goat & pepper jack. That and some spices round out this soup.
If you don't have these vegetables, add the ones you have in your fridge, kale & spinach would be a delicious addition, as would carrots, celery or corn - you'll need about 8-10 cups of chopped vegetables. In fact it takes longer to chop the vegetables then it does to cook the soup!
More easy and delicious soups and stews!
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Beer and Cheese Soup Recipe
- How to make Mushroom Soup
- Summer Vegetable Soup
- Cream of Zucchini Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
Cheesy Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 bell peppers - red and yellow chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz bag frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk or half andhalf
- ½ cup cream sherry
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Begin by chopping all the vegetables and mincing the garlic.
- When this is complete heat your stock pot over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and butter. When the oil is hot & bubbly, add in the onions & mushrooms. Season with Italian Seasoning & red pepper flakes & sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, salt & pepper and saute another 5 minutes, lastly, add in the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Next add the flour. Continue to saute and mixing it in with all of the vegetables. Cook the flour for a couple of minutes until it becomes a rich honey color.
- Remove the stock pot from the flame and add in the sherry - return it to the flame and stir well, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir well to combine. Add both of the cheese and stir to melt the cheese. Remove from the heat and add the frozen peas and stir. It will just take a moment for the peas to heat thru. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
This recipe first appeared as a guest post on Creative Mama Messy House.