Can you enjoy soup in the summertime? Yes! Even when the weather is hot, hot, hot - I serve this Loaded Vegetable Soup for lunch or dinner. Since it takes only minutes to put together (less than 30 minutes!) This is a perfect weeknight meal!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Using vegetables from the Farmer's Market - makes this a fresh and delicious soup. Taking a flavor shortcut makes it savory and delicious!
✔️ This soup takes just over 20 minutes to make. Ten minutes to cut the vegetables - ten to twelve minutes to sauté.
✔️ And with these fresh ingredients, chopped spinach, garlic, pre-made pesto & stock (flavor shortcuts!)...done!
- zucchini squash and yellow squash, carrots, green beans, celery, red bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, Fresno chili, garlic
- canned white beans
- vegetable stock
- seasoning salt
- ready-made pesto
- butter and olive oil
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the butter & olive oil.
- When hot and bubbly, add all of the vegetables except the spinach & garlic. Reduce heat to medium and saute for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the white beans, spinach, garlic & pesto. Mix well to combine. Then add the vegetable stock - heat thru and the soup is ready to serve.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- stockpot for the soup
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- chef's knife
Pesto, tomato paste, parmesan cheese or sauteed mushrooms add a ton of richness to a vegetable soup.
A splash of apple cider vinegar, fresh squeezed lemon or lime, minced parsley or basil will add flavor. Click here for even more tips to make the best homemade soup.
Add a dollup of sour cream or yogurt. It will add richness to your soup.
This is totally my kinda meal. You know I love a great meal in a bowl but with all of these fresh veggies? YUM! I just love this soup!
Beans add protein and make this soup a complete meal. Want to make it a little hardier? Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich - a match made in heaven!
- Chilled Green Pea Soup - so delicious and savory this is perfect for a bridal or baby shower AND delicious on a hot summer's day!
- This Cauliflower Soup is AMAZING! Savory, creamy - delicious!!
- Minestrone Soup! All these soups are quick easy and just delicious - enjoy!
- Pair this with an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich and you have a perfect dinner and it couldn't be easier!
- Serve with your favorite easy yeast rolls or pizza hut breadsticks for dunking, yum!
You know, this is a terrific soup using whatever vegetables you have on hand. Use my recipe below as a guide, but don't get tied up on making it just so. Don't be afraid to make it your own!
I think another great name for this soup would be Kitchen Sink Soup - truly.... empty the fridge and clean out the vegetable drawer.
30 minute Summer Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup carrots peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup green beans chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup zucchini chopped into bite sized pieces (I used a combination of yellow and zucchini squash)
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2-3 cups baby spinach chopped you can substitute with 1 box frozen spinach thawed
- 1 Fresno chili finely minced (optional), or jalepenos
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ready-made pesto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Chop all of the vegetables. I chopped each veggie and just piled all of them in a large bowl with the exception of the spinach & garlic.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the butter & olive oil. When hot & bubbly add all of the vegetable except the spinach & garlic - Add carrots, green beans, celery, zucchini, bell pepper, onion & minced chili. Reduce heat to medium and saute for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the white beans, spinach, garlic & pesto. Mix well to combine. Then add the vegetable stock - heat thru & the soup is ready to serve.