This Cheesy Ranch Chicken is a great dish that everyone can enjoy. It is a flavorful, cheesy meal that is packed with protein and nutrients. The combination of the chicken and ranch dressing creates an irresistible flavor that will have your taste buds singing in delight.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's quick and easy to make making it perfect for dinner tonight.
✔️ It has a delicious cheesy and creamy ranch flavor that the whole family will love.
✔️ You only need simple ingredients that are all easy to find at your local grocery store.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts - if you prefer you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- dry ranch seasoning packet
- cheddar cheese - you can substitute parmesan cheese, pepper jack or swiss cheese. All add great flavor!
- salt and black pepper - a pinch of red pepper flakes or chili powder adds a big of warm heat.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees. Line a baking sheet or casserole dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, salt, and pepper. Spread the ranch mixture onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto the tops of chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- baking sheet or casserole dish
- mixing bowl
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Yes, you can use however you will need to adjust the cooking time depending on if you use boneless or bone in.
No, do not use premade dressing in a bottle, you'll want to use a ranch packet mix.
The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature.
- I recommend pounding the chicken breasts so they are the same thickness so they cook evenly.
- If you want to add some spice, sprinkle with red pepper flakes before baking.
- Feel free to get creative with your cheese selection. You can use swiss, parmesan or pepper jack.
- Use a baking sheet, with rimmed edges. Line it with foil or spray with cooking spray to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- If you decide to use parmesan cheese, I recommend that you use freshly grated and not canned.
Refrigerate - Leftover chicken can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat - I've found that it's best to reheat chicken breasts in the oven or air fryer at 350 degrees until it is warm all the way through. The microwave tends to dry the chicken out.
Freezer - Cooked chicken breasts can be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container or bag. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as instructed above.
- If you are in the market for some new delicious recipes to make on busy nights, then you will find just what you need with this Easy Chicken Casserole recipes. There is something for everyone in this list.
- This Creamy Chicken and Potato Bake is a comfort food meal that even the pickiest eaters in your household will love.
- When you sit down with your meal plan this week, and you need an easy chicken dinner, add this Crockpot Chicken and Gravy to the list. It's a great set it and forget it meal!
- My family loves when I serve something healthy with this easy meal. These 3 Ingredient Steamed Green Beans are my go-to when I need a quick side dish.
- Pair this delicious meal with an easy recipe like this Easy Yeast Rolls for Beginners. It's a great way to try your hand at making a scratch-made bread for your family.
- These Peanut Butter Snowballs are a simple dessert that's the perfect way to end a meal like this cheddar ranch chicken.
Hey if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- 1 Baking sheet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay chicken breast on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Spread on each chicken breast.
- Top the chicken with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Allow to rest 10 minutes lightly covered with foil. Slice and serve.