Summer Vegetable Soup Vegetarian
Can you enjoy soup in the summertime? Yes! Even when the weather is hot, hot, hot – I serve this vegetable soup for lunch or dinner. Since it takes only minutes to put together (less than 30 minutes!) This is a perfect weeknight meal!
Using vegetables from the Farmer’s Market – makes this a fresh and delicious soup. Taking a flavor shortcut makes it savory and delicious!
This soup takes just over 20 minutes to make. Ten minutes to cut the vegetables – ten to twelve minutes to sauté. And with these fresh ingredients, chopped spinach, garlic, pre-made pesto & stock (flavor shortcuts!)…done!
Pair this with an ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwich and you have a perfect dinner and it couldn’t be easier!
This is totally my kinda meal. You know I love a great meal in a bowl but with all of these fresh veggies? YUM! I just love this soup! Beans add protein and makes this soup a complete meal. Want to make it a little more hardy? Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich – match made in heaven!
I’m serving this up for Meatless Monday, but this is a delicious soup for lunch or dinner any day of the week!
You know, this is a terrific soup using whatever vegetables you have on hand. Use my recipe below as a guide, but don’t get tied up on making it just so. Don’t be afraid to make it your own!
I think another great name for this soup would be Kitchen Sink Soup – truly…. empty the fridge and clean out the vegetable drawer.
Great use of almost any vegetables you have on hand and a budget friendly meal too – you know what I always say…
Soup is Good Food!
30 minute Summer Vegetable Soup #Vegetarian #MeatlessMonday
What to do with those veggies in the fridge? Vegetable Soup this is light, crunchy and very flavorful and delicious!
- 1 cup carrots peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup green beans chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup zucchini chopped into bite sized pieces (I used a combination of yellow and zucchini squash)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2-3 cups baby spinach chopped you can substitute with 1 box frozen spinach thawed
- 1 Fresno chili finely minced (optional), or jalepenos
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ready-made pesto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chop all of the vegetables. I chopped each veggie and just piled all of them in a large bowl with the exception of the spinach & garlic.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the butter & olive oil. When hot & bubbly add all of the vegetable except the spinach & garlic - Add carrots, green beans, celery, zucchini, bell pepper, onion & minced chili. Reduce heat to medium and saute for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the white beans, spinach, garlic & pesto. Mix well to combine. Then add the vegetable stock - heat thru & the soup is ready to serve.
I did not add any additional salt – you may need to add a bit to taste, but because the pesto is quite salty, I felt it was not needed.
Love a fresh delicious soup? Here are a few more that you may want to try!
Chilled Green Pea Soup – so delicious and savory this is perfect for a bridal or baby shower AND delicious on a hot summer’s day!
This Cauliflower Soup is AMAZING! Savory, creamy – delicious!!
Or last but not least…
Minestrone Soup! All these soups are quick easy and just delicious – enjoy!