This makes the most deliciously decadent eggnog caramel sauce. Fabulous topping for ice-cream, pancakes and waffles. Heck as Emeril Lagasse says, it would probably even taste good on a bumper! 😉
Eggnog Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup eggnog or heavy cream
- Additional Requirements
- 2 hot pan holders
- Though this is a very simple recipe, be very cautious because the sauce is incredibly hot. It will blister & burn you immediately if it comes in contact with your skin. Use hot pan holders and be very careful. Do not sample the sauce until it cools!
- Measure one cup sugar into a heavy bottom sauce pan on the stove. Put over medium heat and stir using a wooden spoon constantly until all of the sugar has dissolved and it becomes a light amber color.
- Add the butter one tablespoon at a time. Be careful as it will bubble and spatter. After you've added the last tablespoon, continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, slowly add the eggnog. It will immediately bubble and boil furiously! Continue stirring for another minute until the boiling ceases. Remove from heat and cool. Resist the urge to stick your finger in it to taste it! Remember it's boiling hot sugar and will burn you immediately!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.