This is a great opportunity to use your leftover sweet potatoes during the holidays. Just mash them up well, or give them a whirl in the food processor. So sweet and delicious – why not use them another way?
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Sweet Potato Waffles, it’s perfect for Chrisitmas morning!! They are light and flavorful Delicious with the toppings, yet tasty enough to enjoy plain. Great use of holiday leftovers!
More easy breakfast and brunch meals to enjoy!
- Easy Overnight Oats
- Easy Egg Bake
- Baked French Toast with Strawberry Jam
- Cranberry Orange Homemade Granola
Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes*
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Suggested toppings -
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- maple syrup
- eggnog caramel sauce - click here for recipe
- powdered sugar
- Combine all of the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients and sift into the wet ingredients. Mix to incorporate, but do not over mix.
- Set aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cook waffles according to the directions on your waffle maker.
- Top with eggnog caramel sauce, sliced strawberries, pure maple syrup and powdered sugar.