Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip
You know me, I’m big into tailgating food and I’m combining with a bunch of my food blogger colleagues to bring you some great ideas for Tailgating Snacks! Me, I have a couple requirements when it comes to game day grub.
- It has to be easy.
- You have to be able to eat it with your fingers.
- Tailgating food means you have to be able to make it at the stadium, right?
Yes…I’ve done my share of tailgating. 😀
Today I wanted to share one of my favorites and easiest recipes. Perfect finger food, easy to make and if you’re heading to the stadium, simply toss everything into a pie tin and heat it on the grill.
Easy enough, right?
The first time I had this was when I lived in Minnesota – my friend Dawn served it up. I love it and I’ve been serving it ever since.
Best part? Only 3 ingredients, that’s it!
Your favorite store bought salsa or picante sauce
and cheese, that’s it!
Grab some chips and you’re ready for a party!
If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers, great! Use them to make Bean Burritos. All you’ll need to do is add them to the tortilla, maybe add a little more cheese & salsa, roll them up and you have dinner for day two!
I like serving this bean dip alongside homemade pico de gallo. I like how the salsa adds a bright freshness to the dip. Truly this is hard not to stand around the bowl and eat it with a spoon. 😀 What can I say, I love food!
If you’d like to make your own pico de gallo to serve alongside that’s easy enough also. You’ll need tomatoes, onions (I use yellow onions), cilantro, jalapeños, lime, olive oil, balsamic vinegar.
That and a bag of chips and you’re set! I mean, why spend all your time in the kitchen when there is football, basketball or baseball to watch?
Easy Cheesy Salsa Bean Dip
- 1 32 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup store-bought salsa or picante sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pretty easy directions here, just open the beans and spread them in a oven safe dish. Top with the salsa, spreading evenly. Add the cheese on top. Bake in the oven for thirty minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
- Serve hot & bubbly with your favorite chips
Yes we are into sports in our home. Go now and make this! Then go root on your favorite team!!
Pico de Gallo
Love Pico de Gallo - how about you? Fresh bright flavors, tons of veg and crunch - perfect for watching the game or enjoying your favorite Mexican food!
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups diced onions
- 1 bunch finely chopped cilantro - stem's and all
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons limes juiced or three red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chop the tomatoes, onions into a very small dice, chop the cilantro - including the stems very fine. I use the stems as well as the leaves because there is so much flavor in them.
- Chop the jalapenos & put the veggies in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar & salt. Be light on the salt, since you will probably be serving this with chips, it's easy to over salt.
- This is best when served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Tell me what is your favorite tailgating food?
Check out all the other delicious Tailgating Snacks recipes below from bloggers who took part Tailgating Snacks Month!