Spring Roll Noodle Salad
Disclaimer – I was offered free product for this post, but did not receive any $’s and as always, the opinions here are all mine!
I entered a challenge this month with JSL Foods. The Fortune Asian Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge is to create a stir fry or salad dish using their noodles. I opted for the salad challenge. There are 49 other bloggers entered in this challenge so it will be exciting to see who wins! I’ve created a Spring Roll Noodle Salad.
Using what you’d normally find in a spring roll – cabbage, cucumbers, peppers and other bright flavors and turned it into an easy salad. Instead of using a peanut dipping sauce, I opted to use a handful of whole peanuts right on top for even more great crunch! Another yummy addition is papaya. To choose a ripe papaya, you’ll look for skin that is yellow & green. It should give just a little bit when you press on it, similar to how you’d choose an avocado. Papayas add such a lovely sweet flavor! Here’s what the papaya looks like close up. See those seeds? You’ll scrape those out and discard them. Then peel the papaya and dice it up into small bite sized pieces. For the salad – super easy, cook the noodles (love these because they are gluten free!) drain & refrigerate to cool. Next shred the cabbage (you can use red or green cabbage) and slice & dice the veggies! Combine everything in a bowl and top your salad with the bright, fresh lime salad dressing. This Spring Roll Noodle Salad has bright, beautiful flavor, tons of crunch and so pretty too! It takes less than 15 minutes to put together. Who wouldn’t want this lovely salad? It’s a delicious meal or perfect for a side salad! Wish me luck on the contest! 😀
Spring Roll Noodle Salad
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 7.9 oz package Gluten Free Thai Peanut Rice Noodles
- 1 papaya peeled, seeds discard.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 jalepenos
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain well and refrigerate.
- While the noodles are chilling thinly shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl. Slice the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Next thinly slice it. Slice the bell pepper too and add these ingredients to the bowl along with the cilantro.
- Next slice the papaya in half, scoop out the seeds and dice it into small bite sized pieces. Into the bowl it goes along with the chilled noodles.
- Mix the salad dressing - juice the limes into a small jar. Dice the jalepenos (removing the ribs and seeds to reduce the heat). Add the honey and water. Screw on the top of the jar and shake well. Pour the salad dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Give it a quick mix before dishing up.