You will love this easy to make dish! Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is filled with tender chicken, vegetables in a rich gravy sauce and topped with a a buttery flaky crust! It's the ultimate comfort food meal and it couldn't be easier to make!
Love this recipe? Next time try the Ultimate Chicken Noodle Casserole.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This easy chicken casserole has all the flavors of a chicken pot pie, but is made with pantry and freezer ingredients!
✔️ This hearty casserole dish is a meal your whole family will enjoy!
✔️ This easy dinner recipe is perfect for busy nights!
For the exact measurements for the easy chicken pot pie recipe please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- 4-6 cups cooked chicken, diced - leftover rotisserie chicken? That's perfect for this recipe.
- cream of chicken soup, though you can substitute with cream of mushroom, celery or even a can of cream of potato soup.
- evaporated milk - half and half, or milk would be a great substitute.
- crescent roll dough - it makes a perfect buttery crust! You can substitute with pie crust, puff pastry, or refrigerated store-bought biscuits. I especially like the crescent rolls, they are super buttery!
- frozen vegetables - I used mixed veggies, they include green beans, peas, corn, carrots, red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- ranch seasoning - I love using seasoning as a quick flavor shortcut. You could also use Italian seasoning, or dry French onion soup mix. Of course you can use salt and black pepper as well.
This is an overview of the instructions for this delicious dinner! For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Combine the cream soup and milk in a large bowl. Whisk together until creamy.
- Add the chicken, frozen vegetables and ranch seasoning, mix together well. Pour the pot pie filling into a prepared baking dish, spread evenly.
- Roll the crescent rolls on top of the filling for the top crust.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x13 casserole dish - this one is nice and deep, it would be perfect for lasagna as well.
No, you do not need to thaw the frozen vegetables first. They go from the freezer to the casserole dish.
Absolutely! You'll want at least four cups of fresh vegetables, diced into small bite sized pieces.
Typically served in a pie plate along with a crust, it mimics a pie.
Yes, you can add a bottom crust. It will need to be pre-baked prior to adding the chicken mixture. Often times the bottom of casserole dish gets soggy, so this recipe eliminates that step!
- Be sure to allow the casserole to rest for 10 minutes after removing it from the oven.
Instead of canned crescent rolls, use a store-bought pie crust. You can also use canned biscuits for the crust as well.
Fat free cream of chicken soup is a great substitute. You can also use cream of broccoli soup or cream of mushroom or celery.
There are so many delicious easy chicken casserole recipes on the blog. Some of the most popular are:
- This skillet casserole for Chicken and Broccoli Pasta is dripping in rich Alfredo sauce and couldn't be easier to make!
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy is so simple to make and super popular. Why? It's comfort food all the day - serve it over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles - AMAZING!
- My personal favorite - Chicken, Broccoli and Rice or the John Wayne Casserole these classic casserole will soon be family favorites!
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole - this yummy Tex-Mex meal is super cheesy and SO GOOD!
One of the things I love most about this easy recipe, is that it's really a complete meal! There's bread from the crescent rolls, veggies and plenty of delicious tender chicken in a creamy gravy.
If you're still looking for side dishes to go with your meal, click here for What to Serve with Chicken Casserole. There are tons of ideas and recipes!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups cooked chicken
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup that's two cans of cream soup
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Combine the cream soup and milk, whisk together until creamy.
- Add the chicken, frozen vegetables and ranch seasoning, mix together well. Pour the creamy filling into a casserole dish, spread evenly.
- Roll the crescent rolls on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly!