This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake starts with a cake mix! It's filled with delicious chocolate chips, making it perfect for any special occasion or even just because.
It is one of my favorite recipes and yields a tender crumb and moist cake that will make even the most die-hard chocolate lovers swoon!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ The cake batter is simple to prepare and requires just a few basic ingredients.
✔️ It’s ideal for baking in a bundt pan to give you a gourmet look without much effort.
✔️ The chocolate chips give it extra flavor!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- yellow cake mix
- plain yogurt
- large eggs
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- vegetable oil
- Mini semisweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar and fresh strawberries (optional)
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease with non stick cooking spray and flour the bundt pan. (I used all purpose flour for this.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, yogurt, eggs, ½ cup warm water, pudding mix and ½ cup oil. Beat the mixture on low speed until just combined.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 to 3 minutes until the batter is fluffy. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes before inverting it and removing it from the pan. Transfer it to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. **
- Dust with powdered sugar or decorate with fresh strawberries or raspberries. Delicious with ice cream!
The following are affiliate links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- large bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- bundt cake pan
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
For this recipe, I recommend using a flouted 10-cup bundt cake.
Bundt cakes are so moist because the combination of wet ingredients (yogurt, oil, and eggs) work together to give you moist cakes every time. The added moisture from the yogurt and oil prevents the cake from drying out during the baking process.
The main difference between bundt cake and regular cake is the pan itself. Bundt pans are designed to be aerated, which allows for even cooking throughout the entire cake. They also provide a nicer presentation than a regular cake pan would.
- When baking in a bundt cake pan, I prefer to grease and flour to prevent sticking. However, you could also use a baking spray like Baker's Joy.
- Make sure that you use plain yogurt instead of the flavored kind. I've found that using full-fat Greek yogurt helps to get the most moisture in this simple cake.
- I recommend cooling the cake completely on a wire rack instead of a plate so the bottom of your cake doesn't build up condensation and become a little soggy.
- Instead of dusting the top of the cake with powdered sugar, you could also frost the cooled cake with your favorite vanilla frosting or cream cheese frosting.
- If you are a chocolate fan and want some additional chocolate flavor in your dessert, use a chocolate cake mix instead of a vanilla one.
- Don't have Greek yogurt on hand? You can use sour cream in the cake batter instead.
- You could also customize this recipe by using dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or a mixture of them.
- If you use full-size semi-sweet chocolate chips, toss them in a little flour. This will help suspend them in the batter.
Refrigerate - Once cooled, your bundt cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freeze - For best results, wrap the entire cooled cake tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. The cake should stay good frozen for up to 3 months.
- Apple Spice Bundt Cake is another simple dessert that you can make in your bundt pan, plus there is nothing that says comfort food and fall more than the combination of apples and cinnamon.
- Do you have chocolate lovers in your family? If so, next time you are going to want to make these Brownie Bundt Cakes with Strawberries. It's bursting with chocolatey goodness that pairs so well with the fresh strawberries.
- Not in the mood for a bundt cake? That's okay this Butter Cake is another simple dessert that you can whip up for your family in no time.
- The Strawberry Crunch Cake is the easiest poke cake recipe and that crunchy topping is over the top delicious!
- There's no need to worry about oven space for dinner while you bake this cake if you serve it this Crockpot Chicken and Gravy. It's creamy, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser.
- When are you mode for a simple yet healthy side dish these Steamed Brussel Sprouts are just what you need. They come together quickly so you don't have to worry about spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
- If you want a little crunch with a meal, give these Air Fryer Garlic Bread a try. You can never go wrong with garlic bread as a side dish!
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You'll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 3.4 ounce package of vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar and fresh strawberries for serving optional
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour the bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, yogurt, eggs, ½ cup warm water, pudding mix and ½ cup oil. Beat the mixture on low until just combined.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 to 3 minutes until the batter is fluffy. Fold in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes before inverting it and removing it from the pan. Run a butter knife around the edges. Transfer it to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. **
- Dust with powdered sugar and decorate with fresh strawberries or raspberries. Delicious with ice cream!