This Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe is creamy, rich and velvety. It’s a delicious comfort food meal that is guilt-free because this soup is made creamy without cream! It’s an easy meal using just a few ingredients and on the table in just 30 minutes.
This recipe has been updated from March 2017 on June 30,
PIN IT HERE!!!
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I live in the sunny Central Valley of California. Soups and Stews are a favorite in our home
Often times recipes and inspiration come from my farmers market. Here in the
Right now we are enjoying super sweet citrus, beautiful kale, chard
BEST Roasted Cauliflower Soup
It’s an easy soup too and only takes 30 minutes to make!
Reasons to love this Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe?
- It’s super creamy, without adding cream!
- Healthy because it’s full of great vegetables.
- 30 minutes to make means this a great weeknight meal!
- Silky and savory it’s a lovely soup your whole family will enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower Bisque
Ok, are you ready to get started? This is souper easy and souper good!
Grocery list for Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- yellow onion
- Yukon gold potatoes
- vegetable or chicken stock
- spices – turmeric
How to make Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Start by cranking up the oven. Preheat it to 450.
- While it is preheating, clean the cauliflower. Remove the green leaves and break it into uniformly sized pieces.
- Peel the parsnips and slice them into large chunks. You want both vegetables to be about the same size so they finish cooking in the same period of time.
- Put the vegetables on a cookie sheet, roast for 10 minutes, then remove, flip the vegetables and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- When they are done, the vegetables will be tender and golden brown.
- While the vegetables are roasting, dice the onions and potatoes. Add the onions and potatoes to a large stock pot with olive oil and sauté.
- Add the spices and the minced garlic & saute for another minute, then add about half of the stock. Increase the heat to high, cover tightly and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender puree the potatoes until they are creamy and smooth. Do the same with the vegetables when they come out of the oven. Add the remaining chicken stock to the blender when you whirl up the vegetables
. Addboth pureed potatoes and vegetables to a stock pot, stir well to combine. Adjust to taste with salt & pepper.
Garnishes for Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- creme fresh
- sour cream
- chunks of roasted cauliflower
If you save out some of the roasted cauliflower you can use it to garnish your soup. Popcorn is also tasty garnish! Toss a handful of popcorn on top of the soup and it gives it a really nice texture. (Your kids will think that’s cool and forget that this meal is good for them!)
In addition to the beautiful color turmeric also adds a great earthy flavor and is packed with antioxidants (bonus!!).
Love a great bowl of soup? Me too! Here are some of my favorite creamy soup recipes!
- Tomato Bisque – smokey and savory this soup uses pantry ingredients for an easy weeknight meal!
- Beer and Cheese Soup Recipe – rich and decadent this is creamy and delicious!
- Easy Potato Soup – one of the most popular soups on the blog, everyone loves this vegetarian meal!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup – rich, decadent and delicious!
- Creamy Vegetable Soup – creamy and packed with vegetables, yum!
- Corn Chowder – spicy, creamy, rich and heart!
- Vegetarian Asparagus Soup – 30 minutes to a delicious meal!
You know soup is my jam, right? Well if you want all of my soup-making tips and tricks, be sure to click here!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- extra large bamboo cutting board – perfect for cutting veggies!
- soup and side bowls – I have two sets of these bowls and we love them!
- Farberware Glide Cookware Set – easy to use, these are an affordable set and I’ve even given this set as a gift!
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 parsnips peeled
- 1 sweet yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 3 yukon gold potatoes about 1 pound
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 tsp salt (divided)
- ½ tsp black pepper (divided)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- While it is preheating, clean the cauliflower. Remove the green leaves and break into pieces. Peel the parsnips and slice into large chunks. You want both vegetables to be about the same size so they finish cooking at the same time.
- Put the vegetables on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Into the oven they go. Roast for 10 minutes, then remove, flip the vegetables over and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, dice the onions and potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small cubes (about 1 inch) so they will cook quickly. Add the onions and potatoes to a large stock pot with olive oil and sauté for about five minutes.
- Season with the remaining salt & pepper, red pepper flakes and turmeric. Add the minced garlic also & saute for another minute, then add about half of the stock. Increase the heat to high, cover tightly and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender puree the potatoes until they are creamy and smooth. Do the same with the vegetables when they come out of the oven. Add the remaining chicken stock to the blender when you whirl up the vegetables.
- Serve topped with a swirl of creme fresh and roasted cauliflower.