30 Minute Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
30 Minute Chicken Tortellini Soup has all the flavor of a slowly simmered meal but only takes 30 minutes to make. It's hearty and satisfying too!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup dry tortellini *
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp white wine *
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken shredded or cubed, can subs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs - basil, parsley and/or thyme * finely minced
- 1/2 lemon squeezed (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Dice the onion, peel and dice the carrot, dice the celery, mince the garlic.
Dice or shred the cooked chicken, give the spinach a rough chop, mince some fresh herbs.
Heat a heavy bottom stock pot over medium heat. When hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil and then add the onions and carrots, sauté about three minutes, then add the celery.
When the veggies are lightly browned (about five minutes total) add the minced garlic and give it a good stir. It will only take about 30 seconds and you'll begin to smell the garlic. Deglaze the pan with a splash of wine, scraping all of the lovely bits off the bottom of the pan.
Increase the heat to high and add the chicken stock and water, bring it to a boil. When boiling add the tortellini. Follow the package directions and cook until just al dente.
Remove from heat and stir in the chicken, spinach and herbs. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
* No fresh herbs? Substitute with 1/2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning.
* You can also deglaze the pan with chicken stock.
* Fresh tortellini can be used also and will get this meal on the table even faster!
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6575IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg