Love a great chili? Then it's time to make some Tailgate Chili! Full of spicy sweet flavor it one of our favorite meals!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey if you prefer
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 15 oz. cans of beans do not drain you can use pinto beans, white beans, kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, whatever is your favorite, just use four cans of beans.
- 15 oz. can pork & beans do not drain
- 1 can chopped jalapeños 4oz.
- ½ cup water
- 28 oz. stewed tomatoes do not drain
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoon each; dry mustard chili powder & paprika
In a large dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef, drain & set aside.
Using the same pot, add the onions & sauté about five minutes until they nicely soften. Add the garlic and all of the spices and continue sautéing until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot except the celery.
Cover pot & simmer on low for two hours, stirring occasionally. You may need to add more water, just keep an eye on it.
At 1½ hours, add the celery, remove lid & continue for the final half hour to simmer.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 210mg | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.2mg