Easy Taco Soup Recipe
Easy Taco Soup is a spicy and delicious soup that's made with pantry staples! If you can open a can - you can make this fabulous soup - let's get cooking!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1 14.5 oz can kidney beans
- 1 14.5 oz can pinto beans
- 1 14.5 oz hominy don't like hominy? substitute a can of green beans
- 1 14.5 oz can corn
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeños chopped *
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup water
Brown hamburger meat and drain well.
Add the chopped onion and taco seasoning packet. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Open all of the cans - do not drain - and dump everything (juice and all!) in with the taco meat.
Increase the heat to high and bring everything to a boil, stir well.
Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Simmer for one hour covered. Serve with chopped cilantro, sour cream & tortilla chips.
* I like a good amount of spice and use a 4 oz. can of diced jalapeños. To start I'd suggest starting with 2 tablespoons and then adding more jalapeños to top off your soup.
Crock Pot Directions
- Brown the meat in a sauce pan and drain well.
- Add it to the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining ingredients - stir to combine.
- Cover & cook on low for 4 hours.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3.4mg