Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Easy to make these crunchy taters are the perfect side dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner! An extra drizzle of butter over the top at the end takes them right to the next level!
Servings 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes (or any "creamer" potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt course grind
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Wash and scrub potatoes. Add to stock pot, top with water and bring to a boil.
Boil the potatoes until tender, 15-20 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife. Drain and allow to cool
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450°
Spray the sheet pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
Finely mince the parsley and garlic, combine with the olive oil in a small bowl, set aside.
Once the potatoes are cool, press on the potatoes and smash them until they about 1/3 inch thick. I use a small glass. Place on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Drizzle herb mixture over each potato, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are crunchy and golden.
Love this recipe - here are some variations to mix it up a bit!
- top with a drizzle of butter right before serving, amazing!
- a spoonful of sour cream topped a dab of caviar for salty goodness, to make them super fancy.
- top with guacamole, black beans and cheddar cheese for southwestern flair.
- a squeeze of lemon - right over the top of the spuds when they come out of the oven.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg