Chipotle Lime Rice Recipe
Copycat Cilantro lime rice is packed with fresh herbs and zesty flavors. It's easy to make on the stovetop or pressure cooker with white or brown rice. Better than Chipotle’s this is the BEST side dish for any Tex-Mex meal!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup long grain rice basmati or jasmine will work too!
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil vegetable or peanut oil can be substituted.
Put the rice in a sieve and rinse well under running water.
In a small heavy pot over medium add the oil and rice, saute for about three minutes. Make sure every kernal of rice is coated and toasted. The rice will begin to smell nutty and fragrant.
Next add the salt and water. Increase the heat to high and cook as per package directions.
While the rice is cooking, juice the limes and chop the cilantro.
When the rice is done cooking, fluff with fork and mix in the lime, zest and cilantro. Mix well, serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot directions
- Start by rinsing the rice.
- Turn the pressure cooker to sauté. When hot, add the olive oil and rice. Sauté the rice making sure each rice is coated in oil and gets good and toasty!
- Add the water and salt.
- Secure the lid of the pressure cooker.
- White rice (basmati or jasmine): 5 minutes - Long-grain brown rice: 10 minutes
- Cook on high, natural pressure release at the end for 10 minutes.
Got leftovers and want to change up the rice?
The flavors can easily be changed for an Asian dish by adding a couple of teaspoons of sesame oil. Stir it through and wa-la, just like that you have a super yummy fried rice for your next meal!
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg