You won't believe how good this tastes! Simple, super flavorful and so delicious, it's an easy way to bump up the flavor in steak, chops or chicken.
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 inch ginger root grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated or minced
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (green and white parts)
Add the soy sauce and brown sugar to a plastic bag or bowl.
Grate the fresh ginger. Pour in the sesame oil and grated ginger.
Thinly slice the onions, add them next with the minced garlic.
Mix to combine and add your protein. Marinade 2-3 pounds of steak or chicken about 2 hours, turning occasionally. If using shrimp or tofu, reduce marinade time to 20-30 minutes. Grill & enjoy!
Customize this recipe by adding your own touch -
If you're using a Ziploc bag, be sure to place it in a large bowl prior to refrigerating in case it springs a leak.
- Spice it up by adding Sriracha, red chilis or crush red pepper flakes.
- Lemon or lime adds a nice citrus flavor
- Sesame seeds will add even more toasty goodness!
- No soy sauce? Use mirin, it's a little sweeter but it's a great substitution.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2842mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg