Pork Tenderloin and Sweet Potatoes
Just an handful of simple ingredients to make this spectacular sheet pan dinner!
Servings 4 servings
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups brussels sprouts cleaned, slice the large ones in half.
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ¼ pound pork tenderloin
Preheat the oven the 375 degrees.
Peel the potatoes and dice into 1 inch dice. Clean the brussels sprouts, remove any brown leave and slice off the tip. For larger ones, slice them in half. Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
Melt the butter and mix together the spices. Pour the butter over the vegetables and add half the spice mix. Stir to combine.
Spread the vegetables onto the sheet pan in one even layer. Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the tenderloin with the remaining spice mix. Set aside.
After 15 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven and spread them to the edges. Place the pork in the middle and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and check the temperature with an instant read thermometer. The pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes, slice and serve!
Expert Tip: Don't overcook the pork! Use an instant read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is 145 degrees and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat the oven well, 15-20 minutes. Oftentimes when your preheat alarm goes off the oven still hasn't reached the desired temperature.
- Lining the sheet pan with foil or parchment paper makes for easy cleanup.
- Lay the sliced Brussels sprouts cut side down for maximum caramelization!
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 1093mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 13382IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg