Cheesy Taco Casserole
Easy to make taco bake will have the whole family combing back for seconds!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 14.5 oz black beans drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup white rice
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn can substitute drained canned corn.
- 1 14.5 rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 ½ cup corn chips Doritos, Fritos Tostitos - just use your favorite corn chip!
- 1 ½ cups shredded chedar cheese
- ** Optional Toppings - salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, minced cilantro, chopped tomatoes, olives **
In a large skillet over medium heat - brown the ground beef, drain.
Add the onions and drained black beans. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and mix together well.
Top with the rice. Add the water, drained corn and canned tomatoes. Mix to combine, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Remove the cover and sprinkle with chips, top with cheese. Cover until the cheese melts or place under broiler for 2-3 minutes.
Serve topped with your favorite toppings! Salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, minced cilantro, chopped tomatoes or olives!
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 617mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2mg