Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
To make oven roasted Brussels sprouts, simply toss with olive oil, seasonings and bake as directed.
- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 oz. ranch salad dressing one packet
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray cooking sheet with non-stick spray, set aside.
Wash the sprouts, remove any brown leaves and slice in half. Put in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with a packet of ranch dressing and black pepper and mix well and combine.
Spread on a baking sheet placing cut side down.
Bake until carmalized 18-22 minutes.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Variations -
- Add your favorite vegetables - carrots, potatoes and onions will roast at the same temperature and become a great roasted vegetable mixture.
- Parmesan Cheese - add a sprinkle of 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese for the last 10 minutes of cooking. It browns nicely and adds great cheesy goodness!
- Lemon - a squeeze of lemon right when they come out of the oven. It brightens the flavors and adds a great touch of savory to the sweetness of the roasted vegetables.
- Red Pepper Flakes - add a 1/4 teaspoon prior to roasting. It adds a just a hint of heat.
- Bacon - of course! Use 4-5 slices chopped into small pieces. Toss with the sprouts and bake with the sprouts. Because they bake in just about the same of time. If you want to really make them special when this comes out of the oven toss with a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, YUM!
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar the instant they come out of the oven. That acidity compliments the sweetness of the sprouts!
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Vitamin C: 129mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg