Spicy Sesame Noodle Recipe
Pasta with a light zesty sauce that takes less than 15 minutes to take! A simple recipe using pantry ingredients that tastes 100 times better than take out.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions cilantro would be an excellent substitution
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Vegetarian Seasoning Base
- 1-2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey one heaping teaspoon
- 1/2 to 1 cup pasta water
Cook the pasta according to package directions to just al dente, drain well. Reserving one cup of pasta water.
While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice the green onions, both the greens and whites.
Gather the ingredients, measure and add them to a bowl. Add all of the ingredients except the onions and sesame seeds.
Pour the sauce into pasta mixing well with thongs. Add in half of the sliced onions and sesame seeds and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Continue tossing and mixing the pasta will be glossy.
Top with remaining sliced onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Add-ins and Substitutions
- vegetables and greens- stir fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, carrots, green beans, bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- tofu or peanuts are a great vegetable option for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork - leftover cooked meats are delicious in this recipe.Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- make the sauce creamy - an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it creamy and delicious.
- spice it up - with chili garlic sauce or sriracha
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg