Skinny Taco Salad Bowl
Love Mexican Food? Me too! This Skinny Taco Salad Bowl has all of your fresh, favorite ingredients. Light and healthy this one won't weigh you down either. It has a light (easy!) homemade dressing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey can substitute chicken
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning mix (substitute one packet prepaid taco seasoning)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 ears corn kernels removed (substitute one cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 8 oz. container plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup salsa - use your favorite!
- crunchy tortilla strips
In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground turkey or chicken, drain. Add 1/2 cup water and the taco seasoning. Increase the heat until it's bubbly. Stir well to incorporate the seasoning. Remove from heat.
While the meat is cooking, chop the lettuce and divide between four bowls.
Slice the tomatoes in half, dice the onions, rinse the black beans really well and allow them to drain. Remove the kernels from the cob. Add these ingredients to each salad bowl equally, topping with the taco meat.
Mix the yogurt and salsa together. Top each salad with a healthy dollop of dressing and salsa.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 727mg | Potassium: 1281mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 28025IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 5mg