30 minute Summer Vegetable Soup #Vegetarian #MeatlessMonday
What to do with those veggies in the fridge? Vegetable Soup this is light, crunchy and very flavorful and delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 8 cups
- 1 cup carrots peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup green beans chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup zucchini chopped into bite sized pieces (I used a combination of yellow and zucchini squash)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2-3 cups baby spinach chopped you can substitute with 1 box frozen spinach thawed
- 1 Fresno chili finely minced (optional), or jalepenos
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ready-made pesto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Chop all of the vegetables. I chopped each veggie and just piled all of them in a large bowl with the exception of the spinach & garlic.
Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add the butter & olive oil. When hot & bubbly add all of the vegetable except the spinach & garlic - Add carrots, green beans, celery, zucchini, bell pepper, onion & minced chili. Reduce heat to medium and saute for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes add the white beans, spinach, garlic & pesto. Mix well to combine. Then add the vegetable stock - heat thru & the soup is ready to serve.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 864mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 88.2% | Vitamin C: 39.9% | Calcium: 3.7% | Iron: 4.1%