Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies - These fudgy chocolate and cherry brownies are loaded with chunks of dark chocolate, crunchy cacao nibs & sweet dried cherries.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate 72% cacao
- ½ cup cacao nibs
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Combine dried cherries and cherry juice in a small saucepan. Bring liquid to boil, then remove from heat. Set aside to allow the cherries to reconstitute and cool.
Sift cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Melt butter in microwave or on the stovetop.
Add sugar and melted butter to mixing bowl, cream until fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, making sure that the egg is thoroughly combined before adding the next. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
Stir in dry ingredients into wet, and mix until just combined.
Mix in the reconstituted cherries and any remaining cherry juice. Stir until homogenous.
Stir in chopped chocolate and cacao nibs.
Pour brownie batter into prepared 9x13 pan, bake for 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool uncovered (or covered loosely with a thin tea towel) to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Tips to make the BEST brownies!
- Use real butter - now is not the time to use margarine! The higher fat content in butter results in a flavor that is more rich and decadent.
- high quality cocoa powder - What cocoa powder is best for brownies? Look for Dutch processed or natural cocoa powder. These brands are treated with an alkali solution, which neutralizes some of the acidity. The process darkens the color and typically deepens the flavor.
- really good chocolate - quality matters! I reach for Ghirardelli, but Hershey's also has some great baking chocolate.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 0.7mg