Chicken Chipotle Soup
Tired of eating out? 30 minute Chicken Chipotle Soup is a quick, easy and fabulous Tortilla Soup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 8 oz. jar mild picante sauce
- 1 15 oz. canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 oz. canned corn drained - no canned corn? Substitute 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- optional toppings - shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, sliced jalapeños and sour cream
Dice the peppers and onions.
Add the oil to a large pot over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the diced peppers and onion. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
Add the minced chipotle pepper, black beans, corn chicken broth and Picante sauce. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add the chicken meat and heat thru. This will only take a couple of minutes.
Garnish with shredded cheese, chips, lime wedges, sour cream, etc., or no condiments at all!
- Removing the seeds & membrane from the jalapeño will remove the majority of the heat. However you can always omit them.
Calories: 96.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.73g | Protein: 4.65g | Fat: 4.39g | Saturated Fat: 2.44g | Cholesterol: 4.8mg | Sodium: 274.82mg | Potassium: 271.32mg | Fiber: 1.13g | Sugar: 4.72g | Vitamin A: 749.44IU | Vitamin C: 44.58mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.57mg