Love fajitas - such an easy weeknight meal, plus the leftovers are fabulous! You can buy a marinade at the store, but why not make your own? It tastes better and you can use good quality ingredients!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 chicken breasts sliced or cubed
- 2 bell peppers your choice - red and orange or yellow and green, thinly sliced - just mix it up!
- 1 jalapenos pepper minced - (if you aren't a fan of heat, remove the ribs and seeds. That's where the heat comes from)
- 1 onion cut into slivers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- corn and/or flour tortillas
Prepare & slice/dice the chicken. Put in a gallon Ziploc bag.
Slice the peppers and onion - add them to the chicken, set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients; oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper into a small bowl, whisk to combine.
Pour marinade over chicken and peppers, seal tightly and mix the marinade throughout the bag to combine.
Put the bag into a large bowl (just in case it springs a leak!). Flip the bag a couple of times to distribute the marinade.
On a hot grill or with a heavy fry pan, heat to medium/medium-high and fry until the veggie are just crisp and the chicken is cooked thru.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 58.7mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.7mg