White Bean Turkey Chili is a hearty, delicious version of your traditional chili! Packed with turkey, white beans and warm spices it’s an easy meal that comes together quickly and tastes even better on day two! This post has been updated from January 17, 2017 to improve reader experience.
White Bean Turkey Chili
By now you know I like chili. I like all kinds of chili and there are a couple of recipes on my website, like Tailgate Chili, Smokey Chipotle Chili and even a chili loaded with veggies, my recipe for Butternut Squash Chili all super amazing!
One of the reasons I like chili is because you never have to eat the same meal twice. I mean the first night, you have a great bowl of chili, day two you top off a potato and day three the remaining bit of chili tops off a salad for a completely new meal.
Another favorite; put the chili in your oiled baking dish, add 1 cup of shredded cheese and top the whole mixture with cornbread (it’s ok, you can cheat and use a box, I won’t tell!) and bake it off in the oven at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
THE BEST one pot casserole! Your family will LOVE it! Not to mention if you put together a fresh salad, this will feed 6 people for just pennies!
All the flavors are different and super delicious!
So I think you get it… 😀 I really like chili!
Turkey and White Bean Chili Ingredients
Unlike the standard red chili, this features white beans, green chilies and yellow tomatoes.
This chili uses a combination of flavorful spices to give you a refreshing taste on an old favorite. It’s not spicy hot 🔥, but spicy flavorful and we all know there’s a difference there!
Grocery List for White Bean Turkey Chili
- ground turkey
- onion chopped
- yellow bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- yellow grape tomatoes
- 3 cans white beans
- green chilis (canned)
- chicken stock
- dry mustard
- black pepper
- olive oil
Chili is the perfect go-to food. One thing I always do when I finish cooking a soup or stew is immediately freeze a quart for busy days when I don’t have the time or energy to cook. This chili freezes wonderfully!
What type of beans do you use in white bean chili?
You can use Great Northern Beans or Cannellini Beans, both will taste great! Cannellini beans are a little softer and creamier. Great Northern are more firm, so they will hold their shape a little better. Both beans are great so use your favorite!
Additionally, use canned beans. It’s a great shortcut and cuts the cooking time down by hours!
Turkey Chili Recipe
Dan enjoys his chili plain, I load mine up with all the fixings! What’s your favorite way to enjoy chili?
Favorite Toppings for White Bean Turkey Chili Recipe
- fresh sliced or canned jalapenos
- sour cream
- chunks of avocado
- sliced radishes
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- minced cabbage
- shredded Monterey Jack, Colby or cheddar cheese
Steps to make Turkey Chili Recipe
- Peel and chop all of the vegetables
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil the ground turkey. When browned, drain the fat. Set the meat aside.
- Next sauté the vegetables for about 10 minutes until they are browned and tender.
- Add the browned turkey back into the stockpot, also add the minced garlic and sliced tomatoes and sauté for another couple minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
Round out your meal with these recipes
More great Turkey Soups, Stews, Chilis and Chowder Recipes to enjoy!
- Turkey Chowder with Corn
- Light Crockpot Chili Turkey Chili
- Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Turkey Soup with Roasted Vegetables
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant a variety of affiliate programs, including in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
If you’re like me, you’re freezing a quart of soup or stew right? Click here for the plastic containers I use, they are inexpensive, freeze well and easy to clean!
White Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 14 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilis
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and chop the onion, mince the garlic. Slice the tomatoes in half. Dice the green and yellow peppers.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and brown the ground turkey. When browned, remove from the heat and drain the fat. Set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. Add the onion, yellow and green pepper and all of the spices. Sauté for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are browned and tender.
- Next put the browned turkey back into the stockpot. At this time also add the minced garlic and sliced tomatoes and saute for another two to three minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; green chilies, beans and chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, enjoy!