Easy Egg Bake
Easy Egg Bake is a great meal to make and even better to enjoy. Sweet raspberries and kiwi, creamy eggs mixed with eggnog and topped with crunchy toasted almonds – this meal is amazingly delicious! Dusted with powdered sugar and bathed in maple syrup it’s a satisfying holiday breakfast or delicious for brunch with friends. Are you ready to grab a fork? I know you are!
The holidays are here and almost over. The season is crazy for everyone! This has been an especially crazy time for us – all those amazing recipes I was going to share….well that just didn’t happen. But I guess you know that right? 😀 My folks were here and we had a blast spending time together and just enjoying time together. I took time off to do just that! I hope you were able to spend time with those you love also!
I made a ton of great food when they were here. Delicious easy meals like Split Pea Soup, rich Crab Louie’s topped with Homemade Cocktail Sauce and Korean Style Beef Broccoli Bowls. It was fun to mix up flavors and have something different. Mom knows Dan likes sweet treats and his gift was homemade chocolates. My gift was her recipe for those chocolates, YAY!!! (I’ll share that recipe soon!). Food was as abundant as the laughter and love.
Before the year is over I want to share this easy egg bake with you, because….it’s perfect for any holiday morning! What’s makes it great for a holiday is that it serves a crowd (depending on how you slice it of course) and easily offers 9-12 servings!
It’s also perfect because the kiwi & raspberries make such a pretty holiday meal and it’s full of great holiday flavors like pumpkin pie spice, eggnog and crunchy sliced almonds.
Like most egg bakes you prepare it the night before and just bake it off in the morning – so it’s super easy! Who doesn’t love something that simple?
And boy howdy is this delicious! Sticky sweet and topped with pure maple syrup it’s a fabulous way to start a beautiful day! And if it’s just you and your sweetie….let’s say you don’t have a big crowd at your house…my hubby wanted me to include that you can eat it cold the next couple of days and he enjoyed it just as much!
Truly it is that good!
Lookie, we made it snow in Fresno! 😀 This was an especially fun photo shoot for me as my hubby was helping me. We topped the egg bake with pure maple syrup and powdered sugar, delish!
How amazing does this look? And it’s as yummy as it is good. I also love that it is made ahead, uses beautiful red & green fruit and it’s simple. Making it the night before takes all the stress away. Simply cut up some fresh fruit, a pot of coffee or hot chocolate and you have everything you need for a perfect brunch. Enjoy!
Easy Egg Bake – Shopping List
- french bread
Easy Egg Bake – Tips
- recommend french or brioche bread
- no eggnog? use half and half
- be sure use non-stick spray before putting the egg mixture in the pan or it will stick
- can be made 12 hours ahead
More great breakfast and brunch recipes!
Easy Egg Bake
- 10 cups cubed french bread
- 2 6 oz containers raspberries
- 6-8 kiwi's peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 2.25 oz package sliced almonds
- Toppings - maple syrup & powdered sugar
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large casserole pan with non-stick coating, set aside.
- Slice & cube the french bread into small 1 inch pieces.
- Wash the raspberries well. Peel the kiwi - chop them into chunks about the same size as raspberries.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together well. Add the sugar, eggnog, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg & vanilla and whisk together again to combine the ingredients.
- Add the bread cubes and fruit and mix together with a large spoon making sure to combine everything thoroughly. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 45 minutes covered, remove foil & bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to sit on the stove loosely covered about 15 minutes before serving.