Supreme Pizza Soup Recipe – 30 minute soup is savory and hearty. It’s super easy to make and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand! Just like pizza, this will quickly become a family favorite!
Loaded Pizza Soup
What is better on a cold winter’s day then a delicious bowl of warm and hearty soup with a great sandwich? Of course a cold winter’s day here in Fresno is when the temps dip down into the low 40’s….so let’s just pretend I’m still living in Green Bay, WI.
Ok….that’s painting a better picture, right? Brrrr! If I was waking up in Wisconsin would have been to a cool 15 degrees this morning, eeek! That’s just too cold for me, I’m a wimp now – way too acclimated to our warm Cali temps!
What is amazing about this soup is because we are taking some flavor shortcuts – Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, pizza sauce and pesto, it’s going to taste like a soup that has simmered on the stove all day long, but in reality takes less than 30 minutes to cook!
What is Pizza Soup anyway?
This meal is like your favorite pizza in soup form and it will please even the pickiest eaters in your house. It is savory & hearty, but is super easy and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Grocery list for soup recipe
- hamburger, Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, pepperoni – this is a supreme pizza after all!
- red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion, garlic – loads of veggies just like your favorite pie.
- pizza sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, beef stock – to make the perfect sauce for the soup.
- red pepper flakes, black pepper, pesto – pesto is the best flavor shortcut. with a few shakes of pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
To really makes sure you’re imitating your favorite slice, top the soup with shredded mozzarella cheese – YUM!!!
Can I substitute my favorite toppings?
Absolutely! Prefer just vegetables? Make a Veggie Delight soup by adding your favorite diced vegetable pizza toppings. Substitute the beef stock for vegetable stock.
Barbecued Chicken Pizza Soup – this sounds soooo good! Use chicken stock (instead of beef) red onions and diced rotisserie chicken. Add a cup of bbq sauce and serve it with fresh baked cheese straws or rolls – YUM!
What to serve with pizza soup?
I love serving breadsticks (these are amazing, if you love olive garden’s – you’ll love these!) Here are a few more ideas!
More of my favorite pizza recipes!
You know soup is my jam, right? Well if you want all of my soup-making tips and tricks? Be sure to click here!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links, however, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- extra large bamboo cutting board – perfect for cutting veggies!
- soup and side bowls – I have two sets of these bowls and we love them!
- Farberware Glide Cookware Set – easy to use, these are an affordable set and I’ve even given this set as a gift!
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Pizza Soup Recipe
Supreme Pizza Soup
- 1/4 lb . hamburger
- 1/4 lb . Italian sausage
- 3 slices Canadian bacon diced
- 12 pieces pepperoni diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic induced
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 14.5 oz . can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon pesto
- optional toppings – shredded mozzerella, parmesan cheese, green onions
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the hamburger & Italian sausage and cook until browned, drain the fat.
- While the meat is browning chop the bell peppers, mushroom, onion & mince the garlic.
- Once you've drained the excess fat off the meat, add in the vegetables, season with black pepper & red pepper flakes. Fry for about 5 minutes just until they just begin to soften.
- Add the pizza sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and beef stock. Stir well being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove those brown bits (that's where the flavor is!!!).
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, reduce to low – add in the pesto, stir well to combine and simmer for 5 minutes. That’s it, your soup is done! Serve & enjoy!!