Strawberry Lemon Parfait
Did you know that Saturday is National Strawberry Parfait Day? I think there is a holiday for everything right? (and a shout-out to my buddy Lindsay who gave me a list of all the holidays this month so I can be super organized, thanks Lindsay! 😉 )Well....maybe in this case it is worth it. 😀 You remember me and strawberries....one of my first blogs was about strawberries. Picking strawberries was how I earned money in the summertime. When I was ten I told my folks I wanted a piano - they told me I needed to earn the money so that summer I picked $450 worth of strawberries (not bad for a ten year old when each flat was only 1.50 cents - that was ahem....almost 45 years ago!!!) That $450 bucks got me my piano and a few years later, $600 dollars for my first car, a 1968 VW Bug! Believe it or not after all those strawberries I picked... for so many years....I've still never seen a strawberry I didn't like!
So since Saturday is National Strawberry Parfait Day, then we definitely have to celebrate! Chances are good that wherever you live, there are some tasty strawberries you can nab at a local Farmer's Market or your grocery store. In addition, I got some great cookie crumbles from a local vendor - but crushed graham crackers would work just fine too! Then you'll need cool whip and lemon curd. Four ingredients, that's it!
Don't they look fancy? I don't do fancy very often - truly I put them in jars so we could easily take them on a picnic. My sweetie gave them the stamp of approval and they are as sweet as they are pretty! 😀
So - how are you celebrating National Strawberry Parfait Day? 😀
Hungry for more strawberries? I gotcha covered!
Strawberry Lemon Parfait
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- ½ cup lemon curd it's ok....store bought will work!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries save out 5-6 whole strawberries - pretty ones for garnish
- 1 package graham crackers crushed
- Slice the strawberries, set aside. Put the entire contents of the whipped topping in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the lemon curd.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into small jars or pretty bowls about ⅓ of way up. Add a layer of cookie crumbles, then a layer of strawberries. Repeat and finish by topping with strawberries.
- These can be made in advance and tucked into the refrigerator to keep chilled. If you are using these for a picnic, use the jars and add the lid - sealed well they will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days.