The big bold flavors in this Steakhouse Salad will compliment your meal perfectly! Blue cheese, artichokes and hearts of palm pair perfectly with sweet homemade vinaigrette. No boring salads here! Best Green Salad ever, this will be your new go-to salad for every meal!
Ingredients you will need are romaine lettuce, salami, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, green olives, hearts of palm, marinated artichoke hearts, blue cheese, Romano cheese, orange, olive oil extra virgin, sugar, white wine vinegar, honey, Italian seasoning, garlic powder.
This post is sponsored by Borges USA, Caramia and Star Fine Foods, all of the opinions are my own! #ad
I was born and raised in St. Helens, Oregon. I’m a hometown gal and grew up in that small town. Because of that, I’ve learned to make and love the connection to family, friends and the neighborhood when you are present in your community.
Now, I’m all grown up, married and living in Fresno – that sense of community has never left me! I volunteer and bake birthday cakes for foster kids, enjoy the local produce at our farmer’s markets and every time I fly out of Fresno, I would pass the display for Star Fine Foods and think… why haven’t I contacted them?
They are located right here in Fresno!
You remember the last recipe I shared using their products, right? Pasta Puttanesca is the MOST amazing meal. It’s quick and easy too. In fact, in the time it takes to boil the pasta, the sauce is done all made with amazing products from Star. (Seriously you need to try this recipe!)
So today, I’m so excited to share another recipe and this is for HANDS DOWN the BEST salad you will ever eat!
Sounds like I’m bragging right? But I’m not, because it starts with fried salami.
Yup! You heard me right!
Minced Salami fried with heart-healthy Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The salami is fried until the fat is rendered from the meat and it is crispy. If you like bacon bits, this salty little bite kicks bacon bits to the curb! YUM!!!
Big fan of the fried salami, can you tell? 😋
This salad is studded with Hearts of Palm, Artichokes and Green Olives bathed in Olive Oil, Garlic, Parsley and Herbs of Provence. Of course, there are plenty of fresh vegetables too: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. The Steakhouse Salad is all brought together with salty Romano cheese and creamy blue cheese crumbles. Topped with a sweet homemade vinaigrette, in a word this salad is AMAZING!
BEST Green Salad Recipe
Grocery List for Steakhouse Salad Recipe
- romaine lettuce
- salami, tomatoes
- red onion
- green olives
- hearts of palm
- artichoke hearts
- blue cheese
- Romano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- Italian seasoning,
- garlic powder
Steps to make BEST Green Salad
- Fry the salami in olive oil until crispy. Drain set aside.
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a small jar with a screw top lid. Shake vigorously to combine the ingredients.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and add everything to a large bowl. Lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions.
- Chop the artichokes, slice the hearts of palm and olives. Add to the salad.
- Add the Blue and Ramano cheese, top the salad with the fried salami.
- Shake the vinaigrette well and dress the salad. Enjoy!
Tips to make a restaurant quality salad at home!
- A mixture of greens and herbs add interest and crunch.
- Salty cheese will add a burst of flavor as will a tangy, creamy cheese.
- Pickled vegetables accentuate the flavors.
- Salty meat – salami or bacon adds great flavor and crunch!
- Don’t overdress your salad with too much salad dressing! There’s nothing worse than a soggy salad right? Add a limited amount of salad dressing and mix to combine. It’s always easy to add more, but you can’t take it away!
- Add the salad dressing right before serving.
Steakhouse Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
More delicious green salads to enjoy!
- Southwest Salad Recipe
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
- Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette
- Asparagus Salad Recipes
- Healthy Superfood Salad
If you love this meal be sure and try these recipes also using Star Fine Foods and Cara Mia Products
Be sure to stop by my friends at Star Fine Foods and check out their amazing products. Shop for them online or at your local grocery store. If you love this recipe, please comment below with a five-star rating! Also, I’d love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl-me-over or #bowlmeover so I can see your yummy meal, enjoy!
Steakhouse Salad Recipe
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- 1/2 orange juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 heads romaine lettuce diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup red onions small dice
- 1/2 cup green olives halved
- 1/2 cup hearts of palm sliced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 romano cheese shredded
- 5-8 oz. salami or pepperoni diced into very small pieces
- Start with the salami. Dice it into very small pieces. Add two tablespoons of Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the minced salami. Fry until crispy 8-10 minutes.
- While the salami is frying, prepare the vinaigrette - add all of the ingredients to a small jar with a screw top lid. Shake vigorously. Set aside - give a good shake prior to dressing the salad.
- Remove the salami when crispy and allow it to drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and add everything to a large bowl. Chop the lettuce, slice the mushrooms and tomatoes. Dice the onions.
- Chop the artichokes into bite-sized pieces. Slice the hearts of palm and green olives. Add to the salad.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and freshly grated Ramano cheese. Top the salad with the fried salami.
- Shake the vinaigrette then lightly dress the salad. Enjoy as a meal or with your favorite grilled meat!