Maple Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese – Salty, sweet, creamy and delicious, these maple wrapped bacon dates will make for some great party food throughout the festive season! This post has been updated from December 3, 2017 to improve the reader experience.
Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
Are you making the holiday circuit this season? Is your calendar full with festive parties and fun holiday gatherings? If so I know you’re looking for some great party food. I have lots of easy tasty bites on the blog like Roasted Grape Crostini and the easiest and BEST Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe. Today there’s a new recipe to add to your menu! This delicious Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Today I’m welcoming Betty who is sharing an easy and delicious holiday appetizer!
Hi everyone, and a big thank you to Deb for letting me steal her blog! I’m Betty, and you can usually find me at Slow The Cook Down where I share simple weeknight recipes and indulgent weekend treats.
You can often find me in my kitchen with a glass of wine in hand! I recently moved to Toronto from London UK, and Deb kindly shared these Turkey Meatballs on my blog as my time was pretty full! In return, I’m sharing these delicious maple bacon wrapped stuffed dates as a little nod to my new home!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Goat Cheese
These maple bacon wrapped dates are stuffed full of goats cheese and make for a quick, easy and tasty appetizer, or great finger food for your party guests. They are quick to prep and can be popped in the oven just before serving.
The combination of flavors make these party bites totally moreish and they have that perfect balance of salty and sweet.
Maple glazed bacon is a product not too widely available in the UK, so now I can get it practically everywhere I can’t help my self! Trust me when I say it is so much better than regular bacon! It makes the perfect wrapping for these stuffed dates, with its salty and sweet flavor profiles.
The goats’ cheese is warm and soft in the center of the sweet chewy date, and then the crispy bacon wraps all the tastiness together. You really can not go wrong with these!
Grocery list for Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- medjool dates
- goat cheese
- bacon (maple flavored)
- cocktail sticks or toothpicks
Four ingredients, yup – that’s it! You’re going to love this easy appetizer!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
When making this maple bacon wrapped date recipe, I found that the best way to stuff the dates was to use a spreadable goats cheese rather than a log of it. Don’t over fill the dates, as tempting as it may be it will leave your oven in a mess!
Wrap the bacon around each date one and a half times and secure firmly with a cocktail stick.
How long are dates good for?
- Stored in the refrigerator dates will last up to a year.
What do dates taste like?
- Dates are kind of like a cross between prunes and figs. They are super sweet and balance really well with the salty bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goats Cheese
How do you make Bacon Wrapped Dates?
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Slice the bacon into thirds, making 12 small slices – set aside
- Make a small incision in the dates to form pockets.
- Fill the pockets of the dates with goat cheese, be careful not to overfill!
- Wrap each stuffed date with a slice of bacon.
- Place the wrapped dates on a foil covered baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15minutes until the bacon is crispy. Serve hot!
More great appetizer and finger food recipes!
These maple wrapped bacon dates will make for some great party food throughout the festive season, and would make a great addition to a cheese board!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant a variety of affiliate programs, including in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Maple Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goats Cheese
- 12 medjool dates
- 6 tbsp goat cheese spreadable
- 4 slices bacon maple flavored
- 12 cocktail sticks for skewers
- Preheat the oven to 425f / 220c
- With a sharp knife, make incisions down the centre of the dates to form pockets
- Using a knife or small spoon, fill the cavities of the dates with goat cheese. Do not over fill and close the dates back up.
- Slice the bacon into thirds.
- Lay a date on a slice of bacon, and wrap the bacon around one and a half times.
- Place the wrapped dates on a foil covered baking tray and place in the oven for 10-15minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve immediately.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Slow The Cook Down is about taking life down a notch—stopping to enjoy the smell wafting from the roast chicken you just pulled from the oven. Here, there’s no reason to hurry or stress; dinner will get done and it will be delicious! Instead, pour a glass of wine and settle in to try something new.
Roasted Grape Crostini – Great with a glass of wine, these little appetizers are rich and savory and so simple to make – perfect for a party!
Three Ingredient Baked Brie – all you need is brie, brown sugar & pecans – serve it with your favorite french bread. Easy and delicious appetizer!