My folks really enjoy a good barbecue and this is a meal we shared when we were up in Oregon visiting. Super easy to put together, great marinade, super simple too – a perfect meal to enjoy on a beautiful spring or summer day! Of course you can also cook these indoors, but there’s nothing like firing up the grill and getting that outdoor char on the kabobs.
Taking some shortcuts by using the seasoning packet offers you big flavor without much work. And to go with? How about serving Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad or to lighten it up Rainbow Fruit Salad – both would be delicious with this easy, flavorful meal!
Meals on a stick are the BEST! Here are more of my favorites!
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat
- vegetables for skewering - recommend sweet onion red and yellow peppers, zucchini and mushrooms.
- 2 hot links optional
- Marinade -
- Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl. This can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Kabobs -
- Cut the chicken into large 2" chunks and place in a glass dish. Pour the marinade overtop and allow to marinate, turning occasionally for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut the vegetables into large 2" chunks, slice the hot links.
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Assemble the kabobs alternating meat and vegetables. Brush the kabobs with the marinade until the vegetables and meat are well saturated, discard remaining marinade.
- Grill the kabobs 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked thru - 9-12 minutes.
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
Love kabobs and these chicken kabobs are so tasty and delicious you have to try this recipe! The ranch flavor packet adds lots of great herbs and spices with no work on your part and the lemon juice and zest help flavor and tenderize the chicken. What is your favorite meal to grill? Whether it’s fish, beef, chicken or veggies – it seems like everything is better when it’s grilled outdoors!