This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #Ad #CollectiveBias
10 Minute Chicken Caprese Pasta Bowl
Do you think you don’t have time to make a home cooked meal? Yes you can and let me show you how!
I recently had an opportunity to work with Barilla Pasta. They have a great new product; a microwaveable pasta that only takes 60 seconds to make! (You know me, I’m all about great food made quickly!) I thought this would be a GREAT way to add pasta to an easy meal in a bowl! Ready Pasta does not require boiling or draining, making it an easy recipe that anyone can make and enjoy!
My idea/recipe was to make an easy and delicious meal in a bowl that would only take 15 minutes to make!
Which probably sounds easier than it is…. right?
But in reality… no!
I am so proud to share with you this simple, delicious, fresh meal! It truly couldn’t get any easier because the pasta only takes 60 seconds to make and this recipe uses bright, fresh ingredients!
Guess what? It didn’t take 15 minutes….. it only takes 10 minutes! That’s it, 10 minutes to easy pasta deliciousness!
This recipe for 10 Minute Chicken Caprese Pasta Bowl uses simple fresh ingredients (that you probably have on hand) tomatoes, spinach and cheese. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Barilla Ready Pasta is made with just three ingredients – extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and pasta!
I received pasta to work with, but we enjoyed this meal so much… I went to Walmart and purchased more, because I’ve made this meal several times! The pasta cooks perfectly al dente. You’ll find it in the pasta aisle with all of the other amazing Barilla products.
Ready Pasta does not require refrigeration – you can store it in your pantry when you bring it home. No need for boiling or rinsing either. I’m telling you this pasta is amazing!
So here’s how easy the recipe for 10 Minute Chicken Caprese Pasta Bowl is –
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Spinach, run your knife thru it so it’s cut into small bite sized pieces
- Mozzarella cheese “pearl-sized” balls (no chopping necessary)
- Chop or shred the pre-cooked chicken breast
- Barilla Pesto Sauce and olive oil
The pasta is microwaved, it does not require boiling or draining! So all you need to do with the pasta is microwave it, add it to the bowl, mix and serve.
Seriously does this get any easier? The pasta packets are even portable! This is easy enough to tuck into your lunch bag and make it at work (hello, microwaveable!)
I’ve made this meal several times using shredded chicken, turkey breast and even omitting the meat entirely, adding additional cheese, spinach and a handful of pine nuts for a vegetarian meal. Each time I was so pleased with the quality of the pasta, it’s absolutely delicious!
I love this also because it’s the perfect meal for two – easy peasy this one is!
More great quick and easy pasta dishes to love!
10 Minute Chicken Caprese Pasta Bowl
- 1 8.5 oz package Barilla Ready Pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup spinach chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl-sized mozzarella cheese
- 1 chicken breast pre-cooked diced or shredded
- 2 tbsp Barilla Pesto Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Next measure out about a cup of spinach. Run your knife thru it so it's cut into small bite sized pieces - place into the bowl.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the bowl - if you cannot find pearl-sized, just dice the cheese into small bite-sized pieces
- Dice or shred the pre-cooked chicken breast. Add to the bowl
- Next in a small bowl, add two tablespoons of Barilla Pesto Sauce and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix it together well.
- Microwave the pasta and add it to the bowl. Mix with the pesto sauce, serve and enjoy!
- Pine nuts are optional - if using toss a handful on top of the pasta prior to serving.
Love pasta? Me too – here are a couple favorite recipe you need to check out! Creamy Lemon Pasta – this one is so popular, everyone loves it! or if you’d like to try a great pasta salad – my Bow Tie Pasta Salad is another real winner!