White Bean Turkey Stew
Fall has arrived! The lazy summer days are gone and leaves are starting to turn. Football season has begun, pumpkin lattes are available everywhere
and there’s a chill in the air. No….wait, I live in Fresno, CA. Monday it was a 103 degrees, yikes!
We don’t have many seasons here in Fresno.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy soups and stews! I think it’s the meal I do best. I love them because you can get a great meal with lots of vegetables.
Soups and stews will fill you up and they taste just great. This White Bean Turkey Stew has creamy white beans, onions, peppers and tomatoes. Sautéing the spices with the vegetables enhances their flavors and really makes this a delicious bowl of soup!
I love soup because it’s filling, comforting and delicious. I love the savory-ness you get from a great bowl of soup.
And when a soup like this simmers away on the stove it fills the house with an amazing aroma. Such a perfect meal!
How about you, do you like soups & stews? Is there a favorite you enjoy or a soup you’d like to to see here on the blog? I’d love to create a recipe just for you! In fact before you go can you give me just 30 seconds? Because I want to Bowl You Over (get it…bowl you over? 😀 ) I’ve created a short 3 question survey – please click here, I’d love to have your feedback! Truly it won’t take more the 30 seconds!
Lastly, I wanted to share one more thing. Have you noticed the buttons at the top & bottom of each recipe? One of those is labeled the YUM button (like so, below). This button will create and online “recipe box” just for you. It’s a great paperless way for you to keep track of the recipes you want! And it’s FREE – even better, right?!!
Again, this is just an example, but you can find the link at the top & bottom of each of my blog posts. Most websites with recipes have this button – it’s a great way to keep everything in one place. Here’s a link directly to my “yum’d” recipes.
Ok…back to business…. White Bean Turkey Stew – are you ready to get cooking? 😉
White Bean Turkey Stew
Want an easy meal for dinner? White Bean Turkey Stew it simmers away on the stove it fills the house with an amazing aroma.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 4 oz cans green chilies
- 3 cans white beans lightly drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, brown the ground turkey. When lightly brown, remove from the heat and drain the fat. Set aside in a bowl and add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. Add the chopped onion, yellow and green pepper and saute for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are browned and tender.
- Add the turkey back into the stock pot. In addition, add the garlic, tomatoes and spices. Saute for another two to three minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; green chilies, beans,and chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally for an hour.