Very Berry Khristmas Egg Bake – First the name; Very Berry (raspberry) Khristmas (kiwi) Egg Bake (well I’m sure you probably got that part 🙂 )
Yum, yum, yum! Can’t believe the holidays are here and Christmas is next week! This has been an especially crazy time for us – all those amazing recipes I was going to share….well that just didn’t happen.
One recipe I needed to share is this one….well….because….it’s perfect for Christmas morning. Or…how about New Year’s morning…..or even this weekend, it is delicious!
What’s great about making this for a holiday is that it serves a crowd (depending on how you slice it of course) and easily offers 9-12 servings!
It’s also perfect because the kiwi & raspberries make such a pretty holiday meal and it’s full of great holiday flavors like pumpkin pie spice, eggnog and crunchy sliced almonds.
Like most egg bakes you prepare it the night before and just bake it off in the morning – so super easy! So let’s just say you wake up on Christmas morning before your children
never mind, we know that will never happen! Just tuck this into the oven before the kids start tearing into the pile of presents. By the time the gifts are unwrapped and everything is cleaned up, breakfast will be ready!
Who doesn’t love something that simple?
And boy howdy is this delicious! Sticky sweet and topped with some pure maple syrup it’s a fabulous way to start a beautiful day! And if it’s just you and your sweetie….let’s say you don’t have a big crowd at your house…my hubby wanted me to include that you can eat it cold the next couple of days and he enjoyed it just as much!
Truly it is that good!
Lookie, we made it snow in Fresno! 😀 This was an especially fun photo shoot for me as my hubby was helping me. We topped the egg bake with pure maple syrup and powdered sugar, delish!
How amazing does this look? And it’s as yummy as it is good. I also love that it is made ahead, uses beautiful red & green fruit and it’s simple. Making it the night before takes all the stress away. Simply cut up some fresh fruit, a pot of coffee or hot chocolate and you have everything you need for a perfect brunch. Enjoy!
Very Berry Khristmas Egg Bake
- 1 cups loaf french bread about 10
- 2 6 oz containers raspberries
- 6-8 kiwi's
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 2.25 oz package sliced almonds
- Toppings - maple syrup & powdered sugar
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large casserole pan with non-stick coating, set aside.
- Slice & cube the french bread into small 1 inch pieces.
- Wash the raspberries well. Peel the kiwi - chop them into chunks about the same size as raspberries.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk together well. Add the sugar, eggnog, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg & vanilla and whisk together again to combine the ingredients. Add the bread cubes and fruit and mix together with a large spoon making sure to combine everything thoroughly. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 45 minutes covered, remove foil & bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to sit on the stove loosely covered about 15 minutes before serving.
Lastly…this was going to be my #MeatlessMonday post earlier this week, but because life has been so nutty…I’m officially declaring today #MeatlessFriday instead. I hope you make this, I know you and your family will really enjoy it!