Chocolate Covered Apricot Bites2014-04-15
- Yield : 16 pieces
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 3:000 h
Chocolate Covered Apricot Bites
- Â½ cup dried apricots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Â¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips for melting
- Sea salt & sliced almonds (optional)
- In a food processor blend the walnuts until they are a fine consistency (as fine as you can get them).
- Add the apricots, cocoa powder, orange zest and salt. Process again, pulsing the ingredients, chopping them very fine.
- Add honey, vanilla and 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice. Process again until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Test the dough for consistency. You need to be able to shape them into squares & have them keep their shape without crumbling. If there is not enough moisture, add another tablespoon of orange juice and process again. When the dough is the correct consistency, transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate an hour.
- After refrigeration, shape the dough into small bite sized squares. Cover with plastic wrap and return to the refrigerator for two hours.
- To melt the chocolate, put a heat proof glass bowl over a pan of hot simmering water on the stove, (donâ€™t let the bottom of the glass dish touch the water). Add the chocolate chips and slowly stir to melt the chocolate until it becomes a smooth consistency. Remove it from the heat.
- Carefully drop the bites into the chocolate mixture, coating on all sides. Remove and transfer to wax paper. Sprinkle with sea salt or sliced almonds.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe